Fall Tryouts begin Aug. 7. Cross Country, Field Hockey, Softball and Volleyball all need to check-in at the Student Commons with the Athletic Department staff 30 minutes before going to practice. Golf and Tennis should go to the site of the tryout.
Tryouts are a minimum of 3 days and are typically completed by the end of the first week. After tryouts are complete, practices continue Mon – Fri and some weekend days until the season is complete. Athletes are expected to be at all practices and contests for the season.
It is possible to tryout for more than one sport, if tryouts are not at the same time. However, given the heat of summer and the stress of tryouts, we encourage athletes to prioritize and tryout for just one sport. Cross country, freshman field hockey and softball may take more participants if athletes do not make their first choice sport. Please reach out to the Athletic Director if you do not make a team and you are interested in moving to one of these programs.
Any student athlete that makes a Cor Jesu team is required to attend a rules meeting with a parent. This meeting will be held in the gym for the fall student athletes on Aug. 16 at 6 p.m.
If you have any questions about a specific sport tryout, please contact the head coach or the Athletic Director, Liz Biedenstein, at email@example.com.
Please make sure you have a water bottle with you each day.
- Any returning student athlete in grades 10-12 interested in trying out for a sport needs to update their account on PRIVIT.
- Incoming freshmen need to create a new account by July 15.
- If the student has a PRIVIT account at another school, a different email address must be used to create an account for Cor Jesu.
- Please make sure that email addresses for both student and parents are entered into PRIVIT.
- PRIVIT is used to communicate with participants during the season. If you have a new physical for 2022, you can upload it to your PRIVIT account.
- The 2021 MSHSAA physical on file at Cor Jesu is good for 2 years, unless otherwise noted by the athlete's doctor.