Student Learning Center
A Cor Jesu student will be able to advocate for herself in her life-long learning, in both academic and personal endeavors.
She will be formed into a well-rounded, balanced, woman of character and integrity.
Goals of the Student Learning Center
In keeping with the Mission of Cor Jesu, the Student Learning Center seeks to support and empower women intellectually. We do this through the programs described on this page as well as other resources that are available through National Honor Society tutoring and teacher support.
Personnel in the Student Learning Center
- Direct the 1818 Advanced College Credit Program through St. Louis University
- Direct the ACP Advanced Credit Program through the University of Missouri - St. Louis
- Communicate with teachers on consistent basis concerning individual needs of students
- Support teachers in establishing and maintaining classroom environments conducive to learning
- Give Academic Support to students
- Are part of a larger Learning Team and CARE team
- Support individual students by helping with study skills
- Communicate with parents regarding educational needs
Opportunities are available for ALL Cor Jesu Students to improve their learning skills through:
- Organizational planning
- Time Management
- Backwards Planning
- Test Anxiety
- Learning Styles
- Memory Strategies
- Stress Reduction
- Note Taking
All students are taught a study skills class by the Academic Support staff during their first semester freshmen year so they have the proper tools for learning at Cor Jesu.
Student Learning Center Staff
Mrs. Kay Fellin
School: (314) 842-4429 x200
Sr. Susan Marie Krupp
School: (314) 842-1546 x200
Mrs. Amy Willard Top
School: (314) 842-4429 x293